Friday, February 1, 2008

First Poem Iv Written

Why?

Why did it all happen to me?
I don’t know.
It happened so fast it is just a memory now.
It is like a cloud of dust.
She’s gone, but still in my heart.
As I look up at the moon I see her face;
As I look up at the clouds I feel her love;
As I look up at the trees I feel her hugs I feel,
and the wind her kiss.
But why me? I don’t know.
In the dark I feel her pain
In the light her warmth.
In my sleep I see her but far away.
But why me I do not know.
I am hurt and cannot be healed, nor
friends or family can feel my pain.
But why me? I do not know.
I am one in a thousand, but millions more have
no home or family or even both, so I am
glad it was only her but wish not anymore.
But why me? I just don’t know.

2 comments:

Thalia said...

I like this poem and am looking forward to reading more.

Dee said...

Nice job on the poem Shelby; I can see it really comes from your heart. Love Dee